Stephanie T. Ford
Director of Business Development
Stephanie Ford is a director of Warren Whitney and is responsible for Business Development. Stephanie has more than 20 years of diverse client experience, including manufacturers, financial services, distributors, professional services, real estate, and nonprofits. She helps to spearhead discussions with company owners and executive management to understand the unique challenges of their business. She collaborates with Warren Whitney’s professionals to offer practical solutions that produce results for organizations going through different stages in their business life cycle.
Roles & Areas of Expertise:
- Sales Management & Business Development
- Business Strategy
- Exit Strategy
- Marketing Strategy
- Financing Alternatives
- Board Facilitation
Education & Certifications:
- MBA in Finance, University of Richmond
- BBA in Marketing, James Madison University
- Graduate, Leadership Metro Richmond
Professional & Volunteer Associations:
- Board Member, JMU Honors College Advisory Council
- Member, Virginia Council of CEOs
- Past Board Member, Trinity United Methodist Church Council
- Past Chair, Henrico County Economic Development Authority
- Past Chair, Richmond Montessori School Capital Campaign
- Past Chair, Trinity UMC Annual Stewardship Campaign
- Past Member, Greater Richmond Chamber Business Roundtable
- Past Board Member, Richmond Montessori School
- Past Board Member, Richmond Ballet
- Past Board Member, Trinity United Methodist Church
- Past Board Member, Risk Management Association – Richmond Chapter
A Richmond native, Stephanie came to Warren Whitney in 2004 and works with company CEOs and CFOs to analyze their organizations and achieve their most important financial objectives. Stephanie is adept at understanding the big picture and recognizing companies’ needs to find appropriate, effective, value-added solutions.
After learning about the needs of an organization, she determines the most cost-effective approach to match the right Warren Whitney talent level to the task. Because of her background, Stephanie is able to provide insight into strategic planning issues and perspective on a variety of business situations.
Prior to joining Warren Whitney, Stephanie was a commercial lending officer for NationsBank (now Bank of America) and BB&T. In a high-service, client-focused environment, she worked with companies with $5-$500 million in revenues with capital markets, insurance, leasing, cash management, private client, and asset management services. Senior management recognized her ability to work through complex situations, asking her to intercede in several crisis situations to save key accounts. In relationship reviews, clients frequently cited Stephanie’s skills in financial analysis, deal structuring, and credit approval, as well as her ability to listen to their most important needs and get to the heart of the matter.
She also knows what it takes to work inside organizations going through dynamic change, having worked with GE Financial Assurance (now Genworth) during a period of rapid acquisition and integration. As a financial analyst in their insurance division, her experience included improving processes, enhancing internal efficiencies, product line forecasting, and profitability analysis.
Stephanie is the consumate professional. She represents Warren Whitney well. After talking with Stephanie, we hired her firm to help us with a sales & marketing issue. Everything worked out well and she and her company will always be our ace in the hole for issues beyond our scope of expertise.Jeff JohnstoneOwner, Party Perfect