Scott R. Warren
Co-Founder, Owner, & Director
Scott Warren is a co-founder and director of Warren Whitney and a senior member of the management teams for several of the firm’s largest clients. Working primarily with clients requiring senior level business financial management, or systems expertise, he brings more than 30 years of experience in helping organizations manage change. Scott has helped clients with fractional leadership needs across numerous industries, including construction, manufacturing, marketing, distribution, real estate, not-for-profit, and healthcare. He consistently uses his broad range of experience to develop creative ideas and solutions for his clients.
Roles & Areas of Expertise:
- Interim/Fractional CFO
- Assistant to the President
- Information Technology Consulting
Education & Certifications:
- MBA, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- BS in Business, University of Delaware
- Certified CPA in Virginia
Professional & Volunteer Associations:
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Board Member, Richmond History Center
- Board Member & Treasurer, Valentine Museum
- Past Board Member, Greater Richmond Chamber of Commerce
- Past Board Member & Treasurer, United Way of Greater Richmond
- Past Board Member, Willow Oaks Country Club
- Past President, Bull & Bear Club
- Association for Corporate Growth
Scott generally serves Warren Whitney’s clients in the role of CFO or assistant to the president. In these roles, he is responsible for banking relations, financial systems, and working with the management team to define and implement corporate strategies.
Scott has been instrumental in redesigning and upgrading many clients’ information systems, including defining, acquiring, developing, and installing systems ranging in scope from general accounting applications to sophisticated cost accounting, CAM, and management information systems. He helps clients define and implement systems that meet their management needs, not just their data needs, and he has the ability to train an organization’s personnel and explain the processes to them in a way they can understand.
Before founding Warren Whitney, Scott was the partner in charge of the Virginia consulting department for McGladrey & Pullen, a national accounting and consulting firm. He expanded the concentration of his regional consulting department from primarily data processing consulting to include strategic planning, financial management, marketing, human resources, telecommunications, and disaster recovery planning. The expansion tripled the size of the practice and broadened the service area to include the Shenandoah Valley, Tidewater, and Northern Virginia. As partner in charge of practice development for the Richmond office, Scott was responsible for marketing all the services offered by McGladrey & Pullen, including audit and tax, and for coordinating the use of regional and national consulting services.