Sarah H. Covert
Sarah Covert is a Director of Warren Whitney and a member of the account service team. Sarah has experience working both in non-profit and religious organizations as well as the insurance and retail industries. Sarah provides our clients with accounting services typically performed by a Senior Bookkeeper or Senior Accountant.
Roles & Areas of Expertise:
- Senior Accountant
- Audit Preparation
- Financial Reporting & Analysis
- Fiscal Budget Preparation
Education & Certifications:
- MBA, Virginia Commonwealth University
- BS in Business Administration, University of Richmond
Professional & Volunteer Associations:
- The Salisbury Presbyterian Church Foundation, Board Member
- Christian Education & Development, Salisbury Presbyterian Church, Past Member
- Midlothian High School Band Boosters, Past President
- St. Mark’s Preschool, Past Board Member
Prior to joining Warren Whitney, Sarah served as a financial analyst for Anthem, Inc., where she prepared monthly and annual financial statements, analyzed financial results for monthly Board reports, and prepared and presented budgets and budget variations. Sarah also was responsible for completing and filing both quarterly and annual statutory reports required by the Bureau of Insurance, as well as working directly with auditors to provide timely responses to audit inquiries.
Sarah also previously worked as an Insurance Examiner for the State Corporation Commission Bureau of Insurance and an Assistant Cost Analyst for E.I. DuPont de Nemours and Company. She gained extensive experience with budgeting, conducting financial reporting, analysis, and reviews, preparing financial statements, and bookkeeping.