Ranjitha Kurup is a Senior Accountant at Warren Whitney and is primarily engaged by organizations requiring accounting and bookkeeping services. Industries served in different capacities include Healthcare, Information Technology, Real Estate, and Manufacturing. Prior to joining Warren Whitney, Ranjitha worked in the public accounting arena as a Tax Accountant, where she prepared tax returns for various organizations, maintained fixed asset schedules, prepared 1099s, W-2s, and property tax returns. She also researched tax matters and prepared responses to tax notices.
In addition, Ranjitha understands life as an entrepreneur as she co-owned an IT business. While involved in the overall strategy and operations of the organization, she was directly responsible for generating financial statements, year-end compliance reporting, and the payroll function, to name a few of her responsibilities.
Roles & Areas of Expertise:
- Audit Preparation
- Accounts Payable & Receivable
- Financial Reporting & Analysis
- Fiscal Budget Preparation
- Senior Accountant
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from Emory University
- Master’s degree in Healthcare Administration from the Medical College of Virginia
- Master’s degree in Rehabilitation Counseling from Georgia State University
- Post-baccalaureate certificate in Accounting from Virginia Commonwealth University
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant in the Commonwealth of Virginia
Professional & Volunteer Associations:
- The Greater Washington chapter of the Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association
Before working in public accounting, Ranjitha worked in Healthcare Operations. She was responsible for the overall functioning of a multi-specialty surgical practice including management of 30+ staff, workflow development, patient schedule management, billing compliance, and reviewed financial performance. She was responsible for developing practice operational budgets and implementing performance improvement strategies as needed.