Ranjitha Kurup is a Senior Accountant at Warren Whitney and is primarily engaged by organizations requiring accounting and bookkeeping services. Industries served in different capacities include Healthcare, Information Technology, Real Estate, Not-For-Profit, and Manufacturing. Prior to joining Warren Whitney, Ranjitha worked in the public accounting arena as a Tax Accountant, where she prepared tax returns for various organizations, maintained fixed asset schedules, prepared 1099s, W-2s, and property tax returns. She also researched tax matters and prepared responses to tax notices.
In addition, Ranjitha understands life as an entrepreneur as she co-owned an IT business. While involved in the overall strategy and operations of the organization, she was directly responsible for generating financial statements, year-end compliance reporting, and the payroll function, to name a few of her responsibilities.
Roles & Areas of Expertise:
- Audit Preparation
- Accounts Payable & Receivable
- Financial Reporting & Analysis
- Fiscal Budget Preparation
- Senior Accountant
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from Emory University
- Master’s degree in Healthcare Administration from the Medical College of Virginia
- Master’s degree in Rehabilitation Counseling from Georgia State University
- Post-baccalaureate certificate in Accounting from Virginia Commonwealth University
Before working in public accounting, Ranjitha worked in Healthcare Operations. She was responsible for the overall functioning of a multi-specialty surgical practice including management of 30+ staff, workflow development, patient schedule management, billing compliance, and reviewed financial performance. She was responsible for developing practice operational budgets and implementing performance improvement strategies as needed.