Warren Whitney provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Warren Whitney complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. This statement applies to clients of Warren Whitney and recruiting engagements of same.
We are seeking a Director of Fund Development for our client project:HOMES a growing, non-profit organization using a 360° approach to improving the housing and living conditions of Central Virginians. This is accomplished through the construction of high-quality affordable housing, large-scale home repairs, resulting in greater accessibility and energy efficiency for existing homes.
The Director of Fund Development is hands-on and responsible for the overall management of annual $1M fundraising plans, capital campaigns, corporate and foundation grant solicitation, program compliance and reporting. Other duties, as needed. This role manages one grant coordinator and is a key member of the management team reporting to the CEO. The organization budget is approximately $14M with about 35 employees located in Richmond, VA, with easy access on and off the Midlothian Turnpike and Chippenham Parkway. Go to www.projecthomes.org to learn more!
Summary of Job Responsibilities and Requirements
- Lead by articulating the vision and mission to the department staff; provides administrative management and leadership to accomplish strategic and tactical goals through effective communications, coaching, training and development.
- In collaboration with the Resource Development Committee, implement the Resource Development Plan and marketing goals of the organization’s strategic plan, including fund raising and development, special events and marketing to promote brand awareness.
- Execute annual $1M fundraising plan and capital campaigns, with the Board of Directors, to obtain contributions from individuals, churches, civic groups, corporations and foundations, including submitting grant requests, preparing marketing materials and making presentations.
- Research potential grant sources, write and submit grant applications to foundations, public entities and corporations in collaboration with program directors and Board Members.
- Oversee maintenance of the donor database, websites and communication via newsletter, Facebook, Twitter and other forms of social networking.
- Develop and coordinate marketing collateral materials and publications for public relations and client service activities, including information packets, annual report, annual home maintenance calendar, newsletters, feature articles and press releases.
- Prepare bi-monthly Fund Development reports for CEO, Resource Development Committee and Board of Directors, or as requested.
- Oversee and perform monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual program monitoring and compliance reporting to funding sources for the Rehabilitation, Weatherization and Volunteer Services divisions to ensure compliance with CDBG and HOME regulations and other grant requirements.
- Represent project:HOMES to funders, organizations and the community at events, meetings and engagements.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external partners.
- Communicate with staff and management as appropriate concerning grant or donor issues.
- Ensure all activities comply with company policies and values as well as industry standards.
- Perform additional responsibilities related to the success of the organization.
Key Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Business or related fund development related area such as planning, urban studies, or public administration preferred. Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform the work.
- Minimum 3 years professional fund raising and development experience.
- Experience with federal, state, or local housing programs.
- Experience with public relations, outreach and fund development in the non-profit sector, including strategic planning, constituency building, event planning, and grant writing.
- Read and interpret financial statements.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and project management skills.
- Skilled with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, as well as experience with standard office equipment; donor software
- Promotes and adheres to company’s mission, vision and values; policies and applicable laws in a fair and equitable manner.
- Represents the organization in a professional manner to all customers, vendors, and internal personnel.
- Typical full-time, core work schedule is Monday through Thursday with one day in the office; as COVID restrictions loosen in person evening and weekend events and networking required.
- Successfully complete pre-employment background screening.
Competitive Salary & Benefits Package including health, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD, paid time off, and 401(k) contribution! Professional development reimbursement! Work life balance / flex schedule opportunity!
Apply by sending your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to hr@WarrenWhitney.com. This position will remain open until filled.
EOE M/F/D/V On behalf of its client, Warren Whitney reserves the right to alter, change, modify and/or terminate this job posting at any time without notice, or obligation, to any party.
On behalf of our client Superior Boiler, LLC, Watertube Division, we are searching for a QA/QC Inspector to join our talented team at our Richmond, VA facility located conveniently near the airport! This is a full-time regular role with benefits (medical, dental, vision, holidays, PTO and 401(k), a competitive wage + overtime eligible and work / life balance (Monday-Thursday, 7:00am to 5:30pm). Work environment is approximately 25% office and 75% manufacturing plant in a non-climate-controlled temperature environment.
- Day-to-day interaction with shop employees, including all levels of management.
- Implement and maintain current Superior Boiler, LLC Quality Control Program.
- Perform in-process and final inspection and conformance of manufactured parts and boiler assembly to meet the drawings, specifications, and ASME Code.
- Perform receiving inspections on incoming materials.
- Document Control and record filing of process inspections.
- Maintain QA/QC logs and records for welding procedures, welders’ qualifications, calibration of inspection equipment, instruments, and gauges.
- Prepare, initiate, resolve, non-conformance and deficiency reports.
- Authority to stop operations to avoid continued production of defective parts.
- Responsible for the concurrence and compliance to ASME Code and company Quality Control Manual, as well as in-house NDE procedures.
- Review and approve release of fabrication drawings for compliance to ASME Code and QA/QC related matters.
- Responsible for all in-process, hold point inspections.
- Completing, presenting, and sign-off of ASME Code documentation of completed manufactured products to the Authorized Inspector of record
- Interact with customer and third-party inspectors.
- Responsible for final release of completed equipment
- Participate with the team to improve processes to increase productivity and competitiveness.
- Assist with the safety program for the facility.
- Investigate, evaluate, and resolve on-site customer quality concerns as needed.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Preferred 2+ years QA/QC field experience in steel and pipe fabrication and construction.
- Knowledge of shop fabrication and manufacturing practices, welding processes, nondestructive examination (NDE) methods, practices, and procedures, as well as related industry codes and standards while working with customer specifications.
- Ability to read and comprehend engineering blueprints, weld symbols, written procedures, specifications.
- Experience using standard measuring equipment and instruments (e.g., calipers, micrometers, weld gage, UT gage).
- Strong problem-solving ability in resolving complex problems arising during the fabrication process. Includes investigation and recommendations for productivity enhancements.
- Ability to make accurate assessments of problems, communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a strong interest in a collaborative working process.
- Effective time management to ensure a timely completion of assignments.
- Strong commitment to uphold and improve our company’s established reputation in the quality of products and services.
- Proficient in Microsoft products (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Ability to interface effectively with shop personnel, customers, and management.
- Ability to meet the physical demands to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to pass visual exam to perform welding inspections.
- AWS, CWI or welding inspection certification
- Knowledge of recognized design, construction, and welding industry codes and standards; ASME Sections I, II, V, VIII, IX, NBIC, B31.1
- NDE certifications
- Experience as a Safety Coordinator or equal
APPLY by sending your resume with contact information and salary requirements to HR@warrenwhitney.com. Visit our client’s website for more information on our 100+ year history and outstanding customers: www.superiorboiler.com
EOE M/F/D/V on behalf of our client, we reserve the right to alter, change, modify and/or terminate this job posting at any time without notice, or obligation, to any party.
Network Engineer Primary Responsibilities: Manage day-to-day support, maintenance and administration of the IT infrastructure for clients of GroundForce IT to ensure service levels and high availability to business users; scope of effort may include, but is not limited to: enterprise servers, network devices, network security, and associated applications. Support ranges from user service requests to monitoring of networks to large scale implementations. More info at: groundforceit.com/careers
- Contributes to team knowledge base by documenting procedures, network/system designs, implementation plans, or other technical support documentation
- Communicates technical information to a non-technical audience
- Performs an analysis from information available, works with clients to identify gaps, formulates conclusions and recommendations for client approval
- Estimates effort and complexity of tasks and consistently performs against estimates
- Provides after-hours support or on-call availability as needed for larger projects or implementations
- Own interactions with client base to foster a productive and broader relationship with customers.
- Adapts to a wide variety of businesses and business cultures; familiar with informal office settings as well as large, integrated IT services departments
- Bachelor’s in IT-related field highly preferred
Hold at least one technical certification:
- Microsoft MCSA
- Microsoft MTA
- CompTIA A+
Possess knowledge of:
- Business desktop applications
- Server Operating Systems
- Local Area Networks
- Firewalls and remote connectivity
- IP phone systems
Contain a plethora of experience in a Windows Server environment – Know and implemented on at least one of the following:
- Office 365 and Microsoft Exchange Server
- Terminal Services
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Server in a VMware virtualized environment
Experience in networking and remote connectivity in several of the following:
- Cisco switches
- FortiNet firewalls
- IP phone systems
Direct experience with SAN solutions, i.e. HPE Nimble Storage
EOE M/F/D/V GFIT reserves the right to alter, change, modify, and/or terminate this job posting at any time without notice, or obligation, to any party.
On behalf of our client SIMA Financial Group, Inc., we are searching for a Retirement Administrator to join our talented team. SIMA Financial Group is a professional services firm headquartered in Richmond, Virginia that employs a talented, client-centered team of professionals and support staff. The successful candidate will have strong analytical skills, exceptional attention to detail, and have experience working with clients and third-party administrators.
- Serve as the administrator for client corporate retirement accounts. This includes: retirement plan set up and conversions, maintenance, and terminations.
- Act as the liaison between the client, recordkeeper, third-party administrator, custodian, internal payroll department and financial advisor.
- Work directly with the client’s employees to assist them with their online account, enrollment, deferral changes, loan, and distribution requests.
- Work directly with the client on plan sponsor related tasks such as plan notices, plan census preparation, forfeiture balance usage, terminated participant force-outs, Form 5500 filing, plan questions and troubleshooting problems.
- Schedule and organize meetings.
- Preparation of investment monitoring reports for analysis and review.
- Prepare annual census and information on behalf of the client.
Qualifications & Requirements
- 1- 2 years of experience administering retirement plans.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Salary & Benefits
We offer an attractive salary with future opportunities for growth and advancement. In addition, we offer an exceptional benefit package, including an employer 401(k) matching contribution, Paid Time Off, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, and elective medical, dental and vision benefits.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements by October 10, 2020. Finalist candidates should expect background and reference checks. This position will remain open until filled. EOE.
EOE M/F/D/V on behalf of our client, we reserve the right to alter, change, modify and/or terminate this job posting at any time without notice, or obligation, to any party.
We are searching for a Corporate Director of Accounting that has the expertise and passion to lead and manage the accounting and administrative initiatives. The successful candidate will have an expertise in accounting and other administrative functions in a manufacturing environment. You will manage accounting and financial functions which include the monthly close process, maintenance of GL accounts, financial reporting and more, create, implement and audit policies and procedures to help the accounting team efficiently meet deadlines while maintaining accuracy.
- Lead and manage accounting, administrative and HR projects.
- Maintain accuracy of the company financials. Issue monthly financial statements. Maintain the current chart of GL accounts.
- Assist with external audits, tax information reporting, surveys by customers or government agencies, preparing the annual expense or capital budget, insurance renewals, etc.
- Monitor A/R & A/P. Assist with collections and/or payments as needed by the individual facilities.
- Communicate and audit policies and procedures to help maintain consistency between the facilities and be sure we continue to comply.
- Assist with benefit design, open enrollment and other HR functions as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in accounting. MBA preferred.
- Minimum 7-9 years’ experience in manufacturing is required.
- Project Management experience in finance, accounting and/or administrative projects.
- Ability to understand the manufacturing environment and the associated financial processes; knowledge of supply chain, receiving, inventory flow, operations process and manufacturing principles.
- Ability to multi-task and drive actions to completion under strict deadlines.
- Must be able to collaborate and build positive relationships with other teams within Finance as well as cross-functionally outside Finance to effectively make recommendations, implement process improvements, etc.
- Action-oriented and solution-driven with the ability to thrive in a fast pace environment.
Warren Whitney is conducting the search for the Corporate Director of Accounting our client located in the Richmond, VA area. This company has been recognized by the Richmond-Times Dispatch as a Great Place to Work in 2019 and 2020.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to HR@WarrenWhitney.com. Please indicate “Corporate Director of Accounting” in the subject line. Finalist candidates should expect background and reference checks.
Growth Marketing Manager
Our client is an online farmers market, home-delivering local produce, grass-fed dairy, meat, and eggs, plus wholesome artisan fare — all fresh, sustainable, and humane. Order online, then eat better and live better while supporting family farmers! Our client has grown substantially in 2020 and is ready to put future growth in the hands of an experienced Growth Marketing Manager who shares their passion for fresh food.
About the opportunity
Our client is looking for an entrepreneurial Growth Marketing Manager that will:
- Refine the company’s growth plan with multiple channels – word-of-mouth, digital marketing, brand ambassadors, referral marketing, and social media;
- Oversee the planning and execution of marketing efforts and the evolution of the brand; and
- Optimize the acquisition funnel
This role demands a strong leader, skilled in all aspects of Marketing, capable of working with leadership to develop strategies to acquire, nurture, and convert leads.
- Responsible for member acquisition and onboarding
- Responsible for fast learning of the effectiveness of various marketing and sales channels and for quick changes of tactics
- Develop tactical Digital Marketing plans that embrace the full set of digital tools, including SEM, SEO, display, retargeting, web site, web video, and social media appropriate to a B2C audience
- Identify benchmarks and implement new practices and strategies to improve followers and engagement across all relevant Social platforms
- As a critical part of the overall digital marketing effort, the Manager needs to develop and implement a new social strategy
- Track key performance indicators and other supporting metrics to measure sales and marketing effectiveness and ROI
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Proven track-record of growing a business
- 5+ years demonstrated experience in developing Digital Marketing plans including: SEM, SEO, display, retargeting, web site, web video, and social media appropriate to a B2C audience
- Creative, flexible and innovative
- Excellent communication and leadership
- Lead by example, be positive and upbeat
- Excellent time management skills, must meet deadlines
- Good computer skills including being on-line savvy and able to manage spreadsheets
- Recognizes problems and independently takes action to resolve issues be they procedural with production or staff
- Be proactive to understand all systems and procedures
- Accept projects as they come along
Key Performance Indicators
- Increase in backlinks and organic press
- Increase in and effectiveness of influencers and brand ambassadors
- Increase of leads in all parts of the acquisition funnel
- Net increase in number of engaged members
- Effectiveness of new launch into Maryland via count of weekly orders
- Brand health measures (Awareness)
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to HR@WarrenWhitney.com by September 28, 2020. Please indicate “Growth Marketing Manager” in the subject line. Finalist candidates should expect background and reference checks. This position will remain open until filled. EOE.