Warren Whitney provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Warren Whitney complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. This statement applies to clients of Warren Whitney and recruiting engagements of same.
Role: Phlow Corp. is seeking an organized, ambitious, and mission-driven Office Manager to create systems, manage projects, build operational efficiencies, and provide exceptional customer service in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. This role works with vendors, building management, partners, stakeholders, and team members to ensure seamless internal operations. Phlow’s Office Manager plays a vital and instrumental role in co-creating a best place to work. Opportunity for learning, growth, and advancement within the organization.
Spend your days:
- Building relationships with Phlow colleagues, building staff, and partner organizations
- Keeping a pulse on organizational needs; proactively ensuring the Phlow team has everything needed for success
- Working with vendors to ensure timely and accurate office supply delivery; working with cleaning vendors to ensure an optimal work-space environment
- Organizing our spaces, kitchen inventory, office supplies
- Planning and coordinating events with an attitude of excellence and a keen attention to detail
- Tracking projects and moving along work; including but not limited to space needs, event planning, and special assignments
- Working with building management to initiate work order tickets and ensure execution of maintenance
- Communicating with the team to alert them of building updates and important news
- Answering questions and assisting colleagues with requests
- Creating special orders for celebrations, company swag, furniture, accessories, gifts, etc.
- Continually looking for ways to automate and improve systems in place
Bring with you:
- Relevant work experience; punctuality
- Self-starting, positive attitude; fast-paced environment experience
- A willingness to go above and beyond when necessary
- Ability to multi-task and a high attention to detail
- High level of organization is a must
- Event planning experience a plus
- Extensive MS Office experience (Word, Outlook, Teams, PPT)
- Smartsheet, Survey Monkey, other data collecting and analyzing software a plus
About Phlow: Phlow Corp. (“Phlow”) is a public benefit pharmaceutical manufacturing company dedicated to reliably supplying affordable, high-quality, essential medicines through U.S. based advanced manufacturing processes. The company manufactures precursor chemical ingredients, active pharmaceutical ingredients (API), and finished pharmaceutical products, domestically for essential medicines critical to the Nation’s healthcare. To help ensure the quality, safety, and affordability of pharmaceutical products of strategic importance to the United States, Phlow utilizes advanced manufacturing platforms, including continuous manufacturing, to provide essential medicines to its customers, health systems, and government partners.
Our shared values at Phlow reflect our personal and professional commitment to serving patients, as well as our colleagues, partners, communities, country, and humankind. When we remain committed to our mission, and genuinely practice each of these shared values, we discover success and significance in all we do. At Phlow, we believe in the shared values of Integrity, Collaboration, Innovation, Lifelong Learning, and Servant Leadership.
Phlow’s commitment to diversity includes recognition that our mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of colleagues of diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our shared values is a priority.
EEO Statement: Phlow provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements Phlow complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the organization has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Are you driven to improve the lives of Virginia’s children? Do you want to work towards social justice, equity, and inclusion to help ensure the health and well-being of our kids? Do you have the leadership skills and experience to lead a nonpartisan organization that tackles complex work to bring about policy change? If so, read on.
The mission of Voices for Virginia’s Children (Voices) is to champion public policies that improve the lives of Virginia’s Children. Voices collaborates with agencies across the Commonwealth using data-driven, evidence-based approaches to support its advocacy work. Voices covers core policy topics that are likely to have the greatest impact on a child’s success, including:
- Foster Care and Adoption Family Economic Security
- Health and Wellness Early Childhood Care and Education
- Mental Health Trauma-Informed Care
With internal and external equity as the cornerstone of his or her work, the next CEO will have the opportunity to support Voices’ strategy to promote:
- Effective, child-centric statewide policies and laws
- Empowered local communities who guide laws and policies that affect the lives of children and families
Please see www.VAKids.org for more information on Voices.
Priorities for the CEO include:
- Leading, coaching and mentoring a staff that brings passion, experience and diverse perspectives to the important work of the organization.
- Working with staff to develop and implement action plans to support Voices’ strategy.
- Building organizational capacity, including increasing revenue streams, supporting staff in professional development, and strengthening the network of collaborating organizations.
- Positioning the organization to be successful in advocating for policies to support Virginia’s children, with an eye towards supporting social justice.
- Growing awareness of Voices and support for its work throughout the Commonwealth.
- Serving as the outward face of the organization to develop and maintain relationships between Voices and external stakeholders, such as the Virginia General Assembly, the Governor and Administration, and advocacy partners.
Successful candidates will:
- Have a minimum of 15 years of progressive responsibility that includes change leadership, fundraising, collaboration, and budget management.
- Demonstrate a passion for children and an understanding of the central and complex issues that help or hinder their success.
- Model an understanding of and respect for the culture and various dimensions of racial equity, diversity, and inclusion to enhance the daily work and sustainability of the organization.
- Exhibit excellent communication skills.
- Have the agility to respond to unexpected events and compassion for the impacts of those events on others.
- Have experience in advocating for a cause at any level.
- Live in the Richmond area or be willing to relocate to the area.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher.
Voices offers a competitive salary with benefits that include health/dental insurance, retirement plan, holidays, and PTO.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to HR@WarrenWhitney.com by September 21, 2020. Please indicate “Voices CEO” in the subject line. The need for confidentiality is understood. Finalist candidates should expect background and reference checks. This position will remain open until filled. EOE.