Warren Whitney provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Warren Whitney complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. This statement applies to clients of Warren Whitney and recruiting engagements of same.
We are seeking a full time Bookkeeper for our client, Pendleton Law Team, conveniently located near Willow Lawn on Staples Mill road in Richmond, VA. The Bookkeeper is a key member of the administration staff working in close proximity with the fractional CFO and reporting to the owner. Come grow with us! Learn more at www.virginiasinjurylawyers.com.
Summary of Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for Accounts Payable (AP) by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions
- Responsible for Accounts Receivable (AR) by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions
- General ledger responsibilities with oversight by CFO
- Preliminary financial reporting duties by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information
- Examine payments received and record deposits
- Record keeping and management
- Data entry of bi-weekly payroll for 30+ associate team
- Other special projects and tasks as assigned
Key Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
- Minimum three years of successful bookkeeping experience; some related college course work a plus
- Solid knowledge of QuickBooks both desktop and online
- Experience with MS office suite especially Excel; G-Suite
- Proficient in Accounts Payable (AP) and Accounts Receivable (AR)
- Experience in law office / case management software (FileVine and SmartAdvocate) and escrow accounts highly desirable
- Exposure to payroll software – Dominion payroll a plus
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Effective time management, strong organizational skills and attention to detail; handles competing priorities and deadlines
- Adheres to company’s vision, core focus and values; policies and applicable laws in a fair and equitable manner
- Interacts in a professional manner with staff and vendors
- Typical full-time work schedule is Monday through Friday; 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM with minimal overtime and no travel
- Offer of employment is contingent upon successfully completing pre-employment background screening and professional references
Competitive Salary & Benefits Package including health, dental, vision, life & disability, paid time off, and 401(k) retirement with profit sharing! Professional development reimbursement. Potential flex schedule. Private office in a fast-paced environment.
Apply by sending your resume and salary requirements to hr@WarrenWhitney.com. This position will remain open until filled.
EOE M/F/D/V On behalf of its client, Warren Whitney reserves the right to alter, change, modify and/or terminate this job posting at any time without notice, or obligation, to any party.
Green Air, Inc., a leading HVAC contractor in the central Virginia area is looking for a full charge controller to lead their accounting team, drive team building across the organization and guide the company forward as it grows.
The controller will be responsible for:
- Develop and implement sound internal controls for the entire accounting and finance function as well as collaborate with leadership to develop and implement sound policies and procedures across the entire company.
- Continually review all company policies and procedures and strive to improve upon and strengthen all policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the month end close and reporting for multiple entities as well the year close and preparation of the accounting records for annual audits and tax returns.
- Account reconciliations including all bank accounts, inter-company accounts and several other key accounts ensuring that the company is maintaining accurate records.
- Responsible for maintaining existing banking relationships and the development of alternative funding streams enabling continued growth.
- Manage daily treasury function to ensure that the company is efficiently deploying working capital.
- Oversee the risk management function of the Company and ensure that the Company is properly insured at all times and that all risk factors that would have a negative impact on premiums are minimized.
- Drive the annual company wide budgeting process and well as the job budgeting process and provide feedback to team members on budget variances. Particular attention to the ongoing performance of jobs undertaken and how they are meeting budget expectations with an eye to identifying potential budget variances so corrective action can be taken to ensure the success of the job.
- Manage the A/P, A/R, IT and Human Resource functions of the Company.
Green Air strives to develop and challenge you to engage in creative problem solving, critical thinking everyday in every aspect of your job. Work in a fast-paced professional but yet fun environment and be rewarded for your contributions to the team. Green Air offers a very competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision.
You must have at least 10 years of accounting experience, a construction-oriented background is preferred, strong organizational skills, verbal and written communication skills. Customer service orientation and recognize that your customers are both internal and external. Must enjoy a flexible approach and be adaptable to a variety of situations. Sage, Pro Core and Quick Books software experience and advanced Excel and Word skills are a plus for this position. Your cover letter should provide your compelling statement noting the reason you are applying for this position as well as your salary expectations.
We look forward to helping you achieve your career goals! For consideration send us your resume. Please enter “GA Controller” in the subject line of your email to MKelly@WarrenWhitney.com.
Do you believe that all young people deserve equitable access to college education and career training so they can lead more fulfilling lives? Are you passionate and knowledgeable about fundraising? Do you understand the business of running a charitable nonprofit organization? If so, read on!
The next President and CEO of Great Aspirations Scholarship Program, Inc. (GRASP) will have the opportunity to lead a well-renowned college access organization as it expands its geographic scope within the Commonwealth of Virginia and its range of programs and services to better serve populations in need of support. Designated a Four-Star Charity by Charity Navigator, GRASP currently assists over 8,000 students per year, primarily from economically disadvantaged households, in obtaining resources to fund their education after high school. GRASP is seeking a leader with experience in development who will cultivate relationships with new, passion-driven donors in order to maintain existing partnerships and pursue an ambitious growth plan.
GRASP is headquartered in Henrico, Virginia, in the greater Richmond region. Since its founding in 1983, GRASP has established partnerships with 39 school divisions across Virginia to implement its in-school financial aid advising program. The CEO reports to the Board of Directors and collaborates closely with a dedicated management staff to oversee the operations of the organization.
Priorities for the President and CEO include:
- Strategic geographic expansion. The CEO will implement an ambitious growth plan to bring GRASP’s programs to new regions of Virginia, prioritizing populations with high need.
- Developing a larger passion-driven donor base. As tax law changes have reduced incentives for primarily transactional donors, the need to develop relationships with supporters motivated by a passion for GRASP’s mission has never been higher.
- Vertical growth. The CEO will oversee the enhancement of GRASP’s continuum of services, from its middle school early awareness initiative to its College Success Program supporting students’ post-secondary retention and completion.
- Relational leadership. The CEO must nurture relationships with external audiences, including supporters, strategic partners, and government entities, and collaborate closely with the board, executive committee, management team, and staff.
Successful candidates will have qualifications and attributes that include:
- Excellent written and verbal communication and listening skills. The CEO is the outward face of GRASP and must be able to build strong relationships and tell our story effectively.
- Experience in leading successful fundraising campaigns.
- A strong understanding of operational management and finance.
- Collaborative skills and ability to build relationships with a diverse range of audiences.
- A proven ability to make sound business decisions. The CEO will steer the strategic direction of GRASP in conjunction with the Board of Directors.
- A minimum of three years in a leadership position.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree.
- Willingness and flexibility to routinely travel to different regions of the Commonwealth.
The CEO will hold the organization to the highest standards of quality and accountability to stakeholders and the public. The CEO will ensure that all operations conform to the highest ethical standards, best practices in the nonprofit sector, and the core values of GRASP: diversity, communication, responsibility, and kindness.
Candidates may apply by sending a resume, cover letter, and a list of five references with contact information to the email address below. Please note that references will not be contacted until later in the process and with full knowledge of the candidate. The search committee recognizes that candidates may be very satisfied in their current position and interested in a purely exploratory conversation. Therefore, strict confidentiality will be maintained until the final stages of the interview process.
Please send applications and questions to HR@grasp4va.org. For best consideration, please apply by March 31, 2020.
Voices for Virginia’s Children (“Voices”) seeks to hire an enthusiastic, mission-driven Chief Executive Officer to lead this dynamic organization. An ideal candidate is one who is passionate about, and dedicated to, improving children’s well-being, and who has an ability to inspire, engage, and lead others in furthering the mission, vision, and work of Voices. Voices’ mission is to champion public policies that improve the lives of Virginia’s children.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Enhance and maintain a healthy work culture and ensure opportunities for collective learning, creative problem solving, and collaborative decision making
- Building organizational capacity including revenue, systems,
policies, and procedures
- Provide fiscal management, financial stewardship, and strategy
- Represent and promote Voices for Virginia’s Children in the Commonwealth and national arenas as a nonpartisan, independent, and respected voice for children and families
- Alongside policy staff, develop and maintain relationships between Voices and external stakeholders including, but not limited to the Virginia General Assembly, the governor and administration and advocacy partners
- Cultivate, solicit, and steward individual major donors to increase the unrestricted funding for the organization, supported by the organization’s development team and in partnership with board members
Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of ten years of progressive experience in leadership and management. Experience in child welfare, children’s health, early childhood, or other work focused on child advocacy is a plus.
- A successful track record of actively demonstrating and integrating racial equity and inclusion into all aspects of an organization’s programs and operations and a proven ability to foster an inclusive environment.
- As the leader of a large organization that relies primarily on private funding, the next CEO should be prepared to adapt to changes strategically and creatively in the political landscape or the economy as they occur. We are seeking a confident fundraiser with a track record of success with private funders; and an experienced administrator who knows how to work with multiple stakeholders to get things done efficiently and effectively.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary with a benefits package that includes health/dental insurance, 401(k), paid holidays, and personal time/vacation.
Voices has retained the services of Warren Whitney to assist with this search. For best consideration this position, please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to HR@warrenwhitney.com before March 15, 2020.
At Voices, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our team and the communities we serve. Voices is an equal opportunity employer and as such, we do not discriminate against any team member or candidate because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by law. We encourage all to apply because we believe a diversity of voices leads to better discussions, decisions, and outcomes for everyone.
People – Respect – Integrity – Teamwork.
We have an exceptional opportunity available in Richmond, VA.
Throughout GrayCo’s 125+ year history, there has been an unwavering commitment to long term strategic growth for its owners and investors. The firm manages a real estate portfolio of high-end apartments across the Southeast in addition to timber and development land investments. This unique position will be in the property accounting department and the new team member will contribute to the efforts of the group by:
- utilizing general accounting skills,
- reconciling bank statements,
- oversight of the monthly accounts payable closing process,
- analyzing fixed assets and monthly trend reports,
- preparing personal property tax returns and
- preparing applicable adjusting and reclass journal entries.
Collaborative teamwork will include assisting auditors with reporting and communication with property managers and GrayCo staff on a regular basis.
Career aspirations? GrayCo strives to develop and challenge you to engage in creative problem solving and critical thinking every day in every aspect of your job. Work in a fast-paced professional environment and be rewarded for your contributions to the team. GrayCo offers a very competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits to include medical, dental vision, life, disability, 401k and more.
You must have at least 6 years in general accounting or property accounting (preferred); strong organization skills, verbal and written communication skills, customer service orientation and recognize that your customers are both external and internal. Must enjoy a flexible approach and adapt well to a variety of situations. Yardi, Sage Fixed Assets and Microsoft Dynamics (Great Plains) software experience a plus for this position. CPA designation is preferred. Your cover letter should provide your compelling statement noting the reason you are applying for this position as well as your salary expectations.
We look forward to helping you achieve your career goals! For consideration, send us your resume! Please enter “GCAcct” in the subject line of the email. HR@WarrenWhitney.com
EOE M/F/D/V on behalf of our client, Warren Whitney reserves the right to alter, change, modify, and/or terminate this job posting at any time without notice, or obligation, to any party.
Position open until filled.