Janet Marsh is a Director of Warren Whitney with more than 25 years of experience helping independent schools and organizations achieve higher levels of excellence. She supports organizations by building on the strengths of team members and empowering them to reach greater heights. She is an innovative thought leader, and is passionate about serving non-profits.
Roles & Areas of Expertise:
- Business Strategy
- Strategic Visioning
- Organizational Structure Analysis & Improvement
- Process Analysis & Improvement
- Enrollment Management
- Academic Program Development & Assessment
- Executive Coaching
- Talent Development, Management & Assessment
- Leadership Team Development & Management
- Financial Analysis, Reporting, Management & Sustainability
Education & Certifications:
- MEd in Independent School Leadership, George Mason University, Anticipated Graduation: Spring 2021
- BBA in Finance, Pace University
- Graduate, Leadership Arlington
Professional & Volunteer Associations:
- Board Member & Current Vice President, Emerging Scholars
- Board Member, Virginia Association of Independent Schools
- Ministry Team Member, McLean Bible Church
- Past Board Member, Congressional School
- Past Board Member & Vice Chair, Association of Independent Schools of Greater Washington
- Past Board Chair, Powhatan School
- Past Board Member, Ashburn United Methodist Church
- Past President, Waterford Elementary School Parent Teacher Organization
- Past Chapter Member, Childhelp
Janet’s 25 years of experience involves working with independent schools, financial services, and real estate industries. She recently served as a strategic advisor and Head of School at Congressional School, a co-ed independent day school. Under Janet’s leadership, the school achieved VAIS Accreditation. In addition, she also increased net assets and cash flow, and their annual fund, gala and restricted gift giving experienced expotential growth.
Janet’s career began as a securities regulator with The New York Stock Exchange. In the early 1990’s she joined the National Association of Securities Dealers which then became FINRA. While at FINRA, she led a cross-departmental and organizational initiative with executive leaders at FINRA, the SEC and MSRB that resulted in a rule amendment, the development of an enhanced risk-based examination program and redeployment of significant resources to areas of greater need.
Janet currently serves as a Trustee on the Boards of the Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS) Board and Emerging Scholars (ES) and is a past Trustee for the Association of Independent Schools of Greater Washington (AISGW). She also currently serves at her church as a weekend host team member and is a founding member of her church’s Adoption and Foster Care Ministry. Janet holds a BBA in Finance from Pace University and she is currently pursuing a MEd at George Mason University in Fairfax.