Our client, Ukrop’s Threads is a privately held corporation with a strong financial position and a proven track record of success in national corporate uniform programs. Since 2012, the company has experienced double-digit growth and anticipates continued growth designing and manufacturing uniforms for markets that include grocery chains, theme parks, and convenience stores, among others.
The Director of Finance leads all financial aspects of the business and drives all financial strategy and planning activities. He/she will be responsible for the company’s financial performance as well as being actively engaged in all operational aspects of the business including margin and profitability improvement initiatives, forecasting and reporting business performance / risks, performance tracking, cash management, banking relationships, and merger and acquisition activities. The ideal candidate is an experienced financial professional who is a “roll up your sleeves” collaborative leader with a track record of success in a ‘business to business’ team-based environment. Effective communication skills and the ability to build internal and external business relationships is essential. This full-time role manages five accounting associates and is a key member of the leadership team reporting to the CEO. See www.ukropsthreads.com to learn more.
Summary of Job Responsibilities and Requirements
1. Leads, coaches, and develops accounting team through change management, continuous improvement and resource optimization.
2. Provides leadership and coordination in the administrative, business planning, accounting, and budgeting efforts of the company.
3. Prepares and/or directs preparation of financial statements, business activity reports, financial forecasts, annual budgets, and/or reports required by regulatory agencies.
4. Develops internal controls policies, guidelines, and procedures for activities such as budget administration, cash and credit management, and accounting.
5. Leads development of gross margin tracking and monitoring processes to drive bottom line profitability improvements.
6. Oversees gross margin improvement initiatives relating to pricing, procurement, and operating performance.
7. Prepares and interprets weekly, monthly and annual financial reports and statements.
8. Develops critical financial and operational KPIs to facilitate business decision-making, quantify ROI and improve business strategies.
9. Forecasts and manages cash flow and reviews investment strategies.
10. Conducts cost and profitability analysis by segment, customer, and product.
11. Oversees banking, audit and import/duty third party relationships.
12. Represents company in a professional manner to all customers, vendors, and internal personnel.
13. Promotes and adheres to the company’s mission, vision and values along with policies and applicable laws in a fair and equitable manner.
14. Other assigned duties or special projects, as needed.
Key Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
1. Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related area; MBA a plus.
2. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification or related expertise highly desirable!
3. Minimum 10 years of proven successful accounting / finance leadership managing staff; modeling and putting into practice team building, conflict resolution and human resources development for the department and different levels and / or areas of the company.
4. Hands-on experience in budgeting, managerial accounting, financial management, benefits optimization, and relationship management.
5. Demonstrated ability to collect, analyze, and present financial analysis regarding business strategy and acquisitions.
6. Successful experience in leading change, innovation and process improvement including ERP / system implementation(s).
7. Effective and collaborative communicator in presentations, through active listening, and in writing for in a varied audience.
8. Significant experience with overseas currency fluctuations.
9. Experience in distribution / operations; S-1 company experience a plus.
10. Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, accounting and reporting systems (e.g., Sage a plus); some payroll and timekeeping systems experience.
11. Successfully pass pre-employment screening and background check.
General Work Environment
1. Work in an office environment using laptop, telephone, etc. at a desk.
2. Minimal overnight travel; possible international travel.
Competitive Base, Performance Bonus Eligible & Benefits Package!
To be considered for this immediate opening, please send your resume with salary requirements to hr@WarrenWhitney.com. This position will remain open until filled.
EOE. On behalf of our client, Warren Whitney reserves the right to alter, change, modify and/or terminate this job posting at any time without notice, or obligation, to any party.